Skip to main content

Fashion REIGNS at the CFDA Awards

The Council of the Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) Awards always brings out the Who's Who in fashion.Hosted by film director/screenwriter John Water, CFDA pulled out all the stops to honor extraordinary design talent, in the following categories: womenswear, menswear, accessories, journalism, creatives, and also lifetime achievement. 

Although Rihanna was presented with the Style Icon of the Year award, she had to go the extra mile to make sure she was the talk to the Lincoln Center Monday night. She made a very revealing entrance in this Adam Selman number.


Other Memorable Red Carpet looks

Not sure if I'm a fan on how this gown fits Jennifer Hudson


Lupita pushes the fashion button every time, but this out fit look like a dutch boy would wear

Betsy Johnson is a fashion icon and has a mind of her own, but I'm not too sure about this look

Iman is simply gorgeous, but what was the temperature last night...she's fully clothed for a winter gala

They always coming looking like glamourous Amish women, but congratulations to the Olsen twins for winning Accessory Designer of the year award (again) for The Row


Solange looked a lot better this go round then at the Met Gala...she's giving me a little Diana Ross


All Photos are courtesy of Getty Images



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tribute to Maya Angelou, The Phenomenal Woman

Today we said goodbye to one of the greatest orators of all time! Dr. Maya Angelou has served as an inspiration to millions through her words, actions, and commitment to civil rights. She was a living legend and her influence on our culture is priceless. Most noted for her poems, "Phenomenal Woman" and "Still I Rise," she instilled a sense of pride in women everywhere. In addition to these noted works, Maya Angelou has set the standard by being: - San Francisco's 1st African American female cable car conductor - 1st African American Woman to have her screenplay turned to film, Georgia I remember the first time I was introduced to Dr. Angelou's story in 4th grade. I'm not sure if I was suppose to be reading it, but my older sister had "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" laying around. All I could say was WOW! How could a girl just a few years older than me go through so much. From that point, I began to appreciate life and all that God ha...

Rachel Roy Booted; Tory Burch Named New Columnist for Luxury Magazine

photo Courtesy of toryburch.com Sources from Women's Wear Daily reports that designer Tory Burch will replace the current "Ask a Designer" columnist and designer, Rachel Roy , as InStyle's new resident expert. Continuously expanding her brand, Burch is doing an amazing job keeping her consumers in the fashion loop via The Tory Blog . She recently acquired an 80,000 SF space in the trendy Hudson Square area to put her in the "heart of creativity."

Dove Missed the Mark with Recent Facebook Ad

A recent Facebook ad ran by the Unilever brand, Dove, completely missed the mark. The ad displays a black woman transforming into a white woman after using their product. Dove issued an apology after makeup artist Naomi Blake reached out to the company to voice her concerns. The question is, would Dove have issued an apology or even pulled the ad if Blake didn't question their messaging? Well this isn't the first time the brand has been accused of releasing racist ads. Back in 2011, Dove ran an ad that displayed 3 women from lightest to darkest with the words "before" and "after." Indicating that the black woman had dry, undesirable skin and once you used the lotion, then your skin would be like the white woman. Again I ask, what is their message? Are they still using the same advertising agency? I guess they will be amongst the other companies hiring a new VP of Multicultural Marketing!