Skip to main content

Beyonce's Electrifying Performance Knocks Out Power...Any Questions?

Beyonce may not have gotten paid for her Super Bowl Half Time Show [Experience], but she definitely put in work. If you are one of the unfortunate few that missed her electrifying performance, then you cheated yourself. I was glued to the screen from the Pepsi Countdown intro all the way to "Single Ladies" dance party.  Not only did she work the stage in her leather and lace Rubin Singer custom number, but she brought out Destiny's Childs members Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams to perform a couple of their hit singles. We were definitely hoping to see an appearance by Mr. Jay Z or little Miss Blue Ivy, but the multiple Beyonce holograms will suffice! Her performance was engaging from beginning to end, so much that it drained the energy in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome for over 30 minutes. Based on the tweets and Facebook posts, Beyonce is the MVP of Super Bowl 47 and by far one of the best Half Time performances...EVER! Check out the photos from the #BeyonceBowl!







Check out the complete performance:




Photos courtesy of Getty Images
Video courtesy of Youtube

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rachel Roy Booted; Tory Burch Named New Columnist for Luxury Magazine

photo Courtesy of toryburch.com Sources from Women's Wear Daily reports that designer Tory Burch will replace the current "Ask a Designer" columnist and designer, Rachel Roy , as InStyle's new resident expert. Continuously expanding her brand, Burch is doing an amazing job keeping her consumers in the fashion loop via The Tory Blog . She recently acquired an 80,000 SF space in the trendy Hudson Square area to put her in the "heart of creativity."

Dove Missed the Mark with Recent Facebook Ad

A recent Facebook ad ran by the Unilever brand, Dove, completely missed the mark. The ad displays a black woman transforming into a white woman after using their product. Dove issued an apology after makeup artist Naomi Blake reached out to the company to voice her concerns. The question is, would Dove have issued an apology or even pulled the ad if Blake didn't question their messaging? Well this isn't the first time the brand has been accused of releasing racist ads. Back in 2011, Dove ran an ad that displayed 3 women from lightest to darkest with the words "before" and "after." Indicating that the black woman had dry, undesirable skin and once you used the lotion, then your skin would be like the white woman. Again I ask, what is their message? Are they still using the same advertising agency? I guess they will be amongst the other companies hiring a new VP of Multicultural Marketing!

Tribute to Maya Angelou, The Phenomenal Woman

Today we said goodbye to one of the greatest orators of all time! Dr. Maya Angelou has served as an inspiration to millions through her words, actions, and commitment to civil rights. She was a living legend and her influence on our culture is priceless. Most noted for her poems, "Phenomenal Woman" and "Still I Rise," she instilled a sense of pride in women everywhere. In addition to these noted works, Maya Angelou has set the standard by being: - San Francisco's 1st African American female cable car conductor - 1st African American Woman to have her screenplay turned to film, Georgia I remember the first time I was introduced to Dr. Angelou's story in 4th grade. I'm not sure if I was suppose to be reading it, but my older sister had "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" laying around. All I could say was WOW! How could a girl just a few years older than me go through so much. From that point, I began to appreciate life and all that God ha...