Skip to main content

Target + Neiman Marcus = Not So "Legendary Partnership"



So as a former Neiman Marcus employee, I am a bit salty that no one thought of this idea when I could utilize my discount...but its okay! It seems that Target and Neiman Marcus would be the perfect collaboration for shoppers this holiday season, but the numbers are proving a little different. The Wall Street Journal, "expressed surprise that crowds weren't bigger and sales not stronger at many locations, despite a spate of high-profile advertising, including prime-time television commercials."



Many Target consumers were expecting to see empty racks in the store and sold out signs online, similar to the Missoni buying frenzy last holiday season. Contrary to popular belief, most of the items are still available...Target reps say that this holiday collection was better stocked than the Missoni.

The holiday collection is comprised of 50 items ranging from clothing to pet accessories from 24 designers. Please see a few photos I snagged while visiting Target this weekend!




    

Comments

  1. Hi there, I am trying to reach you guys, can you please contact me via my website? You have NO contact page on your website and if you do, it needs to be MORE visible I cant find it! Thanks xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rachel Roy Booted; Tory Burch Named New Columnist for Luxury Magazine

photo Courtesy of toryburch.com Sources from Women's Wear Daily reports that designer Tory Burch will replace the current "Ask a Designer" columnist and designer, Rachel Roy , as InStyle's new resident expert. Continuously expanding her brand, Burch is doing an amazing job keeping her consumers in the fashion loop via The Tory Blog . She recently acquired an 80,000 SF space in the trendy Hudson Square area to put her in the "heart of creativity."

Dove Missed the Mark with Recent Facebook Ad

A recent Facebook ad ran by the Unilever brand, Dove, completely missed the mark. The ad displays a black woman transforming into a white woman after using their product. Dove issued an apology after makeup artist Naomi Blake reached out to the company to voice her concerns. The question is, would Dove have issued an apology or even pulled the ad if Blake didn't question their messaging? Well this isn't the first time the brand has been accused of releasing racist ads. Back in 2011, Dove ran an ad that displayed 3 women from lightest to darkest with the words "before" and "after." Indicating that the black woman had dry, undesirable skin and once you used the lotion, then your skin would be like the white woman. Again I ask, what is their message? Are they still using the same advertising agency? I guess they will be amongst the other companies hiring a new VP of Multicultural Marketing!

Tribute to Maya Angelou, The Phenomenal Woman

Today we said goodbye to one of the greatest orators of all time! Dr. Maya Angelou has served as an inspiration to millions through her words, actions, and commitment to civil rights. She was a living legend and her influence on our culture is priceless. Most noted for her poems, "Phenomenal Woman" and "Still I Rise," she instilled a sense of pride in women everywhere. In addition to these noted works, Maya Angelou has set the standard by being: - San Francisco's 1st African American female cable car conductor - 1st African American Woman to have her screenplay turned to film, Georgia I remember the first time I was introduced to Dr. Angelou's story in 4th grade. I'm not sure if I was suppose to be reading it, but my older sister had "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" laying around. All I could say was WOW! How could a girl just a few years older than me go through so much. From that point, I began to appreciate life and all that God ha...