Skip to main content

Sunshine Anderson & Anthony "Q" in Atlanta



Grammy-nominated R&B singer Sunshine Anderson hosted an intimate Tweet & Greet event with special guest Anthony “Q” Friday night at Aurum Lounge in Atlanta. Guests were treated to an open bar courtesy of Espada Tequila and also enjoyed miniature cupcakes prepared by Simply Delicious Cake. According to Anderson, “ Q and I are going to prove that R&B is back.”
Anthony “Q” set the tone for the evening with an a capella rendition of his R&B ballad, “Medicine,” from his Guitar Her mixtape. He also debuted his new song, “Money Bags,” which is the first single from his upcoming solo album.
Before performing, Anderson discussed a few upcoming projects, including a possible reality show. Performing a snippet of her new single, “You’re Not Mine,” she reminded the crowd of the rich quality in her voice. Anderson closed out the performance with her female anthem, “Heard It All Before,” which brought the crowd to their feet.
   
Anthony "Q" performing "Money Bags"
Tiffany Cadogan of SIPR & Sunshine Anderson
Another set of R&B Divas...Sunshine Anderson, Lil Mo, & Robin S
"Q," Lil Mo, & Cori Sims
Lil Mo, Robin S, and Cori Sims were also in the building to show support for fellow R&B singers. After thanking the event partners: AH Entertainment, GLAM Concierge, and Sapphire Ink PR; Sunshine and "Q" hit the dance floor with their guest.

Robin S, Sunshine Anderson, Lil Mo, Cori Sims, & "Q"
Photos Courtesy of Key Perspective Photography:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rachel Roy Booted; Tory Burch Named New Columnist for Luxury Magazine

photo Courtesy of toryburch.com Sources from Women's Wear Daily reports that designer Tory Burch will replace the current "Ask a Designer" columnist and designer, Rachel Roy , as InStyle's new resident expert. Continuously expanding her brand, Burch is doing an amazing job keeping her consumers in the fashion loop via The Tory Blog . She recently acquired an 80,000 SF space in the trendy Hudson Square area to put her in the "heart of creativity."

Dove Missed the Mark with Recent Facebook Ad

A recent Facebook ad ran by the Unilever brand, Dove, completely missed the mark. The ad displays a black woman transforming into a white woman after using their product. Dove issued an apology after makeup artist Naomi Blake reached out to the company to voice her concerns. The question is, would Dove have issued an apology or even pulled the ad if Blake didn't question their messaging? Well this isn't the first time the brand has been accused of releasing racist ads. Back in 2011, Dove ran an ad that displayed 3 women from lightest to darkest with the words "before" and "after." Indicating that the black woman had dry, undesirable skin and once you used the lotion, then your skin would be like the white woman. Again I ask, what is their message? Are they still using the same advertising agency? I guess they will be amongst the other companies hiring a new VP of Multicultural Marketing!

Tribute to Maya Angelou, The Phenomenal Woman

Today we said goodbye to one of the greatest orators of all time! Dr. Maya Angelou has served as an inspiration to millions through her words, actions, and commitment to civil rights. She was a living legend and her influence on our culture is priceless. Most noted for her poems, "Phenomenal Woman" and "Still I Rise," she instilled a sense of pride in women everywhere. In addition to these noted works, Maya Angelou has set the standard by being: - San Francisco's 1st African American female cable car conductor - 1st African American Woman to have her screenplay turned to film, Georgia I remember the first time I was introduced to Dr. Angelou's story in 4th grade. I'm not sure if I was suppose to be reading it, but my older sister had "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" laying around. All I could say was WOW! How could a girl just a few years older than me go through so much. From that point, I began to appreciate life and all that God ha...