Skip to main content

CURVES Fashion Week: August 30th to September 2nd



I hope Atlanta is ready for CURVES Fashion Week this Labor Day weekend! Atlanta is definitely taking its place in the fashion world and these full figured beauties are ready to make history! See below for a full list of the festivities:

Thursday, August 30 • 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. • CURVES Happy Hour Fashion Event
Bloomingdale’s Lenox Square Mall, 3393 Peachtree Road Northeast
An evening of fashion, beauty and fun featuring a fall 2012 preview fashion show, a happy hour with DJ Mello,and glam stations by MAC and NARS makeup. Hosted by Atlanta's undercover socialite, Nikka Shae of Oh! Nikka

Friday, August 31• 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.• CURVES Indie Fashion Show
Studio Chambers at historic Inman Park, 741 Edgewood Avenue Northeast
Independent fashion industry showcase, and networking mixer.  
Featuring designers: Youtheary Khmer, Evie Foster, Unique Sisters, Lipstick Killers, PLUHM Couture, and Bien Roule'.

Saturday, September 1• 11:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. • CURVES Day of Beauty
Studio Chambers at historic Inman Park, 741 Edgewood Avenue Northeast
Atlanta International Beauty Convention featuring professional services by beauty industry professionals, live demonstrations, panels and a silent auction for the American Diabetes Association.


Sunday, September 2 • 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. • CURVES Splash Bash
Private Mansion in Alpharetta
CURVES fashion show and day party featuring menswear, lingerie and intimate apparel sponsored by
Hips & Curves as seen in Vogue Italia.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rachel Roy Booted; Tory Burch Named New Columnist for Luxury Magazine

photo Courtesy of toryburch.com Sources from Women's Wear Daily reports that designer Tory Burch will replace the current "Ask a Designer" columnist and designer, Rachel Roy , as InStyle's new resident expert. Continuously expanding her brand, Burch is doing an amazing job keeping her consumers in the fashion loop via The Tory Blog . She recently acquired an 80,000 SF space in the trendy Hudson Square area to put her in the "heart of creativity."

Dove Missed the Mark with Recent Facebook Ad

A recent Facebook ad ran by the Unilever brand, Dove, completely missed the mark. The ad displays a black woman transforming into a white woman after using their product. Dove issued an apology after makeup artist Naomi Blake reached out to the company to voice her concerns. The question is, would Dove have issued an apology or even pulled the ad if Blake didn't question their messaging? Well this isn't the first time the brand has been accused of releasing racist ads. Back in 2011, Dove ran an ad that displayed 3 women from lightest to darkest with the words "before" and "after." Indicating that the black woman had dry, undesirable skin and once you used the lotion, then your skin would be like the white woman. Again I ask, what is their message? Are they still using the same advertising agency? I guess they will be amongst the other companies hiring a new VP of Multicultural Marketing!

Tribute to Maya Angelou, The Phenomenal Woman

Today we said goodbye to one of the greatest orators of all time! Dr. Maya Angelou has served as an inspiration to millions through her words, actions, and commitment to civil rights. She was a living legend and her influence on our culture is priceless. Most noted for her poems, "Phenomenal Woman" and "Still I Rise," she instilled a sense of pride in women everywhere. In addition to these noted works, Maya Angelou has set the standard by being: - San Francisco's 1st African American female cable car conductor - 1st African American Woman to have her screenplay turned to film, Georgia I remember the first time I was introduced to Dr. Angelou's story in 4th grade. I'm not sure if I was suppose to be reading it, but my older sister had "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" laying around. All I could say was WOW! How could a girl just a few years older than me go through so much. From that point, I began to appreciate life and all that God ha...