Skip to main content

2012 Southeast Regional EMMY Awards




ms.BOMB.com had the privilege of covering the 2012 Southeast Regional EMMY Awards on June 9, 2012 in Atlanta, Georgia. The Southeast Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences rolled out the red carpet and brought a little Hollywood glamour to Grand Hyatt Buckhead.


Our staff enjoyed every bit of the evening, especially the opening by Lyric Rashay of Dekalb School of Performing Arts (seen here):




She is definitely going to be a star...what other high school student do you know that receives praises from host Jasmine Guy and performs at the EMMY's?



The big winner of the evening was Matt Pearl of WXIA/WATL with an amazing 15 EMMY's for his work in television. 

Also, another proud moment for our staff was when Georgia Southern University (Alma Mater of co-founder, Tiffany Cadogan) won their first EMMY Award for a video on their athletic program.










Although the night was all about television, we named our WINNER for Best Dressed:
       
              Lakyn Brinkman 

 



Here are few other photos captured during the evening:













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tribute to Maya Angelou, The Phenomenal Woman

Today we said goodbye to one of the greatest orators of all time! Dr. Maya Angelou has served as an inspiration to millions through her words, actions, and commitment to civil rights. She was a living legend and her influence on our culture is priceless. Most noted for her poems, "Phenomenal Woman" and "Still I Rise," she instilled a sense of pride in women everywhere. In addition to these noted works, Maya Angelou has set the standard by being: - San Francisco's 1st African American female cable car conductor - 1st African American Woman to have her screenplay turned to film, Georgia I remember the first time I was introduced to Dr. Angelou's story in 4th grade. I'm not sure if I was suppose to be reading it, but my older sister had "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" laying around. All I could say was WOW! How could a girl just a few years older than me go through so much. From that point, I began to appreciate life and all that God ha...

Rachel Roy Booted; Tory Burch Named New Columnist for Luxury Magazine

photo Courtesy of toryburch.com Sources from Women's Wear Daily reports that designer Tory Burch will replace the current "Ask a Designer" columnist and designer, Rachel Roy , as InStyle's new resident expert. Continuously expanding her brand, Burch is doing an amazing job keeping her consumers in the fashion loop via The Tory Blog . She recently acquired an 80,000 SF space in the trendy Hudson Square area to put her in the "heart of creativity."

Dove Missed the Mark with Recent Facebook Ad

A recent Facebook ad ran by the Unilever brand, Dove, completely missed the mark. The ad displays a black woman transforming into a white woman after using their product. Dove issued an apology after makeup artist Naomi Blake reached out to the company to voice her concerns. The question is, would Dove have issued an apology or even pulled the ad if Blake didn't question their messaging? Well this isn't the first time the brand has been accused of releasing racist ads. Back in 2011, Dove ran an ad that displayed 3 women from lightest to darkest with the words "before" and "after." Indicating that the black woman had dry, undesirable skin and once you used the lotion, then your skin would be like the white woman. Again I ask, what is their message? Are they still using the same advertising agency? I guess they will be amongst the other companies hiring a new VP of Multicultural Marketing!